Airbnb Professional Photography 2023 – Pro Tips, Advantages, Rules & Ways to Improve Your Photos
Perhaps, it is not new to you, but did you know a bad photo can devalue your Airbnb property and turn guests away?
Airbnb professional photography acts as a magnet to attract clients in the real estate sector. It is a powerful differentiator. So that we have selected valuable tips to help your real estate photos look professional. As a result, you will attract more customers, close more deals, and your sales will skyrocket. Let’s get started!
Meaning of Airbnb professional photography
First, it is a discipline responsible for taking photographs of Airbnb listings to capture the attention of potential guests. It is a crucial technique in the real estate market since it allows for highlighting the best characteristics of a property and attracting the target audience’s attention.
There are different types of real estate photography, such as aerial photography, panoramic photography or night photography. Each of them has its own particularity and is used to capture certain aspects of the property.
Why Airbnb professional photography is important
It is an essential tool in the real estate market. Images can help highlight improvements made to a property and its unique attributes. Potential buyers can also use images to get an idea of what a home or apartment looks like before visiting.
Key reasons to prioritize Airbnb professional photography
|1. Attracting guests||Increased attractiveness of your Airbnb listing. High-quality images capture the attention of potential guests, enticing them to click on your listing and consider booking it.|
|2. Property features||Well-lit and well-composed photos can effectively capture the essence of your space, including its layout, décor, and special attributes, helping guests make informed decisions.|
|3. Positive first impression||Pro photos can present your property in the best possible light. This can increase the likelihood of guests selecting your property over others in the search results.|
|4. Trust & credibility||When guests see professional images of your property, they are more likely to trust that the listing accurately represents what they will experience, increasing their confidence in booking with you.|
|5. Increasing booking conversion rates||Eye-catching images encourage guests to view your listing more, making them more likely to proceed with a booking. This can help maximize your occupancy and revenue potential.|
|6. Differentiating listings||Unique and visually appealing images help your property stand out, making it more memorable to potential guests browsing multiple listings.|
|7. Higher rental rates||Stunning photos showcase the value and quality of your property, making potential guests more willing to pay a higher price for a superior experience.|
|8. Consistency across marketing channels||Airbnb professional photography strengthens your branding and professional through marketing channels such as your Airbnb listing, social media platforms, and your personal website if applicable.|
|9. Saving time & effort||Professionals have the expertise, equipment, and editing skills to produce high-quality images efficiently, allowing you to focus on other aspects of managing your Airbnb.|
|10. Maximizing ROI||Pro photography can yield long-term benefits by attracting more guests, increasing booking rates, and potentially commanding higher rental rates. The improved ROI makes it a worthwhile investment in the success of your Airbnb business.|
Professional photography plays a crucial role in optimizing the presentation of your Airbnb listing and positively impacting its performance. Don’t miss the opportunity to make your listing number one! Book the Airbnb professional photography with the team of Airbnb experts – CHM Inc.
The different types of Airbnb
In the world of real estate photography, different types of photography can be used to capture images of properties. Some of the most popular types of real estate photography include:
- Property exterior. Property exterior photos can be taken from different angles and heights to show the overall perspective of a home or building. These images should also include details such as the landscape, the entrance, and the windows.
- Property interiors. Interior photos should capture every room in a home or building and common spaces like the kitchen and bathroom. The interior photos must be bright enough for potential buyers to see all the details.
- Aerial photos. Aerial photos can help show a different perspective on a property. These photos can be taken by plane or drone and can help potential buyers get an idea of the property’s location and lot size.
Real estate photography can be a great tool to help Airbnb hosts rent out their properties faster. But not all photos are created equal. Some types may be better than others for capturing images of certain properties.
Advantages of Airbnb professional
photography for your listings
There are many advantages of real estate photography. It can help attract more buyers and increase the sale price of your property. Here are a few reasons why real estate photography is important:
- Pro Airbnb photos can help highlight the best features of your property. Images can make a property look more attractive and pique the interest of potential buyers.
- Good images can also help sell a property faster. Potential buyers are more likely to visit a property if they like the photos they see online. If a property sells quickly, the price is also likely to be higher.
- Professional real estate photography can be expensive, but it will be worth it if you want to sell or lease your space in the shortest possible time for the best price.
By leveraging professional photography for your Airbnb listings, you can significantly enhance your property’s presentation, attract more guests, increase bookings, and potentially command higher rates.
Ways to improve your photography
for the Airbnb platform
Definitely, it all depends on the technique you use, on your photography skills, on how well you can edit photos and make photo corrections, what programs you use for this, etc. However, there are general tips:
- Use a good-quality camera to make your photos look much better.
- Take multiple photos of each room so potential buyers can see all the property details.
- Ensure rooms are clean and tidy – no one wants to see a messy or dirty house in photos.
- Take photos from different angles so buyers can see the property from different perspectives.
- Use the right lights – The wrong lights can make rooms look dark or dull.
- Upload your photos to a quality website so potential buyers can easily see them.
Suppose you need help with your Airbnb property photography. So, we can help you from A to Z! We know the right angles from which your property will look stunning and attractive to guests, which will significantly increase the number of bookings and, most importantly, the price of the space!
Top 6 tips to make a professional Airbnb photography
The Airbnb platform is a competitive area for hosts. To stay competitive in this real estate market, you must be creative. The popular marketing strategy is to impress potential property renters with a visual marketing campaign.
1. Use a professional camera for a photography
The first tip for taking real estate photos like a pro is to use a good camera. The brand is not the most important thing here, but the most important is having a professional camera that gives you great resolution.
Popular professional cameras for real estate photography
|Camera model||Megapixels||Price range (USD)|
|Canon EOS 5D Mark IV||30.4 MP||$2,500 – $3,000|
|Nikon D850||45.7 MP||$2,500 – $3,000|
|Sony Alpha a7 III||24.2 MP||$2,000 – $2,500|
|Fujifilm X-T3||26.1 MP||$1,300 – $1,500|
|Panasonic Lumix GH5||20.3 MP||$1,500 – $1,800|
|Canon EOS R6||20.1 MP||$2,000 – $2,500|
|Nikon Z6 II||24.5 MP||$2,000 – $2,500|
|Sony Alpha a6600||24.2 MP||$1,400 – $1,600|
|Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III||20.4 MP||$1,800 – $2,000|
|Pentax K-1 Mark II||36.4 MP||$1,800 – $2,000|
2. Use a tripod to take photos from different angles
Using a tripod will make the professional real estate photography you take look more uniform; especially since it will keep the camera steady, preventing images from coming out crooked or out of focus.
A tripod not only keeps the camera straight but also helps eliminate blur.
3. Do not forget to turn on the flash
Some professionals do not recommend using flash, as it can cast a light that will create shadows in the image. However, if you are shooting in a small room, such as a closet, the power of the flash will not affect the results. Your potential clients will clearly understand what these spaces are like. Here is some advice:
- Avoid directing the flashlight directly into the room because you will only create annoying shadows in the photo.
- Try to reflect the light from the flash onto reflective surfaces. For example, ceilings, columns, or walls.
- Have an external flash to take real estate photography indoors. Using 1 or 2, you can get photos with fantastic lighting.
4. Take advantage of natural light for better shoots
Try to plan your photo shoot during the day – in the early morning or early afternoon. This is the best time to take advantage of the sunlight. This way, you can identify the best corners of the property or building. Plus, you’ll capture the full potential of each room, common areas, and more.
You must present the best of the property. If it has something special like barbecues, arcades, etc., always take photos of it. Diversifying your real estate investments can be the key to increasing profits.
5. Apply different shooting techniques
To develop these technique, it is necessary to take into account the angle and balance, as well as highlight the most important thing:
- Point of view. If you want to highlight the entire space of the room, take the photo from below. If you want to highlight the height of these spaces, stand up, this way you will show that you have professional experience.
- Balance. Avoid flat and boring images at all costs. Make sure you have a foreground, middle ground, and background. As for the exterior, it is very easy to do, try to control the objects and make it as balanced as possible.
- Highlight. Do you want to highlight something in particular? Make sure that the future owner directs his gaze there. No one will notice the size of a wardrobe if you make the bed stand out.
6. Use post-production editing
You can take many pictures of the property, but that doesn’t mean you have to post them all. Make a good selection, choose the photos that best illustrate the property and use it to promote and advertise your properties. Be sure to choose the sharpest images, with the best colors, brightness, focus, and more. You can also modify them.
Promoting your real estate business through real estate photography will help you stand out in the industry.
Hundreds of free apps are available on the internet for professional real estate photography. If you are going to do this yourself or one of your real estate agents, consider the following:
- Increase brightness and improve contrast to bring more life to spaces.
- Lower the highlights and turn up the shadows.
- Enhances colors by slightly increasing saturation.
- Crop the photo if there are unnecessary elements.
- If you used artificial lighting, adjusting the color temperature will help give the photo a warmer tone.
Want to analyze your listings and photos and find out their strengths, weaknesses, and ways to improve? Book the Airbnb listing analysis with our expert team and understand how to improve your rankings and earnings with your listing photos.
Aspects to consider when hiring
a real estate photographer
Once analyzed what are the advantages that a professional photographer provides to a client, the time has come to compile the qualities that they must have to be hired.
Here are 6 main aspects about an Airbnb photographer you should consider if you want to get really goods photos of your property:
- Proven experience. It is the business card of any professional. A real estate photographer must be able to show a long history in the world of housing. This specialist must know all the ins and outs of the business and the tricks to get the most out of the properties they photograph.
- Professional tools. Photographers need equipment with specific characteristics: one or more SLR cameras, a tripod, different objectives, lighting equipment… Without all these tools, the photographer won’t be able to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Time availability. A good professional must be available to take photographs at any time of the day, even at dawn and late at sunset.
- Delivery times of work. Sometimes, it is possible that the client needs the photos as soon as possible, so many times, the photographer must prepare the images right after the session is over.
- Home staging. Even though it is another service, the photographers may include in their rates the option of home staging, a discipline responsible for conditioning the house so that it looks showy in the photographs.
- Photo retouching. After the photo session at home, the professional must select the best images and retouch them with programs such as Photoshop to eliminate possible defects and get the maximum aesthetic performance.
Remember the main idea of hiring a pro photographer for your Airbnb: capturing quality images that highlight the virtues of the properties to the maximum, increasing the effectiveness of the Airbnb listings, and bringing an innovative touch to the sector with products such as 360º photographs or videos.
The increase in demand for real estate through the Internet is evident. Even if a potential buyer goes to your real estate agency, they’ll probably do some research online first. For this reason, making the Airbnb professional photography is so important for your business to stand out from the rest.
Frequently asked questions about
Airbnb professional photography
1. Does Airbnb take professional photos?
Yes, Airbnb offers a service ‘Airbnb Plus’, which includes professional photography for select listings. The program aims to highlight high-quality and well-appointed properties. Hosts who meet specific criteria and are accepted into the program may be eligible for a professional photoshoot by Airbnb.
Professional photos can help enhance the listing’s visual appeal and attract potential guests. However, it’s important to note that not all Airbnb listings receive pro photography as it is reserved for those participating in the Airbnb Plus program or in certain markets where Airbnb offers the service.
2. How do I take professional pictures for Airbnb?
To take professional pictures for Airbnb:
- Clean and declutter the space.
- Use natural light and avoid flash.
- Use a tripod for stability.
- Capture wide angles to show space.
- Stage the area with appealing decor.
- Focus on key features and angles.
- Shoot in landscape mode.
- Follow the rule of thirds for composition.
- Edit the photos to enhance quality.
- Consider hiring a professional photographer.
If you’re not confident in your photography skills, hiring a professional photographer specializing in real estate or interior photography may be worth considering. They have the expertise and equipment to capture your property in the best way possible.
3. What is Airbnb photography?
Airbnb photography involves capturing high-quality photos of properties listed on Airbnb to showcase their features and attract potential guests. These photos are used in listings to visually represent the property’s appeal, layout, and amenities.
4. What are the rules for Airbnb photography?
When it comes to Airbnb photography, there are a few general guidelines and best practices to keep in mind:
- Accuracy: Use photos that truthfully represent your property.
- Quality: Opt for high-quality, well-lit, and focused images.
- Showcase key areas: Include photos of bedrooms, living areas, kitchen, bathrooms, and unique features.
- Highlight amenities: Showcase standout amenities that attract guests.
- Cleanliness and tidiness: Ensure a clean and organized space for photos.
- Lighting: Utilize natural light and avoid flash for a more natural look.
- Composition: Compose photos with visual balance using the rule of thirds.
- Image size and resolution: Follow Airbnb’s guidelines for proper display and avoid compression.
- Photo editing: Enhance photos, but maintain accuracy and authenticity.
Privacy and respect: Be mindful of guest privacy and avoid displaying personal items.
Specific rules or guidelines for photography may vary depending on the region and platform policies. It’s always recommended to review the terms and guidelines Airbnb provides to ensure compliance and create a positive guest experience through your photos.
5. What is the minimum number of photos for Airbnb?
There is no strict minimum requirement, but having at least 10 to 15 high-quality pics in your listing is recommended to showcase your property effectively. Focus on providing appealing and representative images rather than a large quantity.
6. Why are my Airbnb photos blurry?
Camera shake, focus issues, insufficient lighting, a low-quality or dirty lens, digital zoom, limited depth of field, or image compression can cause blurriness in Airbnb photos.
To improve photo quality, use a steady hand, tap to focus correctly, ensure proper lighting, clean the lens, avoid digital zoom, adjust the depth of field, and adhere to Airbnb’s image guidelines.
7. How do I take professional Airbnb photos with my Iphone?
Taking professional-looking Airbnb photos with your iPhone is possible with some tips and techniques. Here’s a guide to help you capture high-quality images:
- Clean and declutter your space before taking photos.
- Use natural light and avoid using the iPhone flash.
- Capture wide angles to show the entire room.
- Stage the room with appealing furniture and accessories.
- Use HDR mode for better lighting.
- Compose photos using the rule of thirds.
- Tap to focus and adjust exposure for optimal brightness.
- Edit your photos with editing apps.
- Highlight unique features and standout amenities.
- Experiment with different angles and perspectives.
Remember, professional photographers can still provide the best results, but these tips can help you achieve great photos with your iPhone.
8. How do I make my Airbnb Instagrammable?
To make your Airbnb property Instagrammable and visually appealing to potential guests, consider the following tips:
- Emphasize aesthetics. Pay attention to color schemes, decor, and furnishings that are on-trend and appealing to a wide audience. Incorporate elements that are unique, stylish, and Instagram-worthy.
- Focus on details. Pay attention to small details that can make a big impact. This could include decorative accents, artwork, plants, or statement pieces that add personality and charm to your space.
- Maximize natural light. Remove heavy curtains or blinds that may obstruct sunlight. This creates a bright and inviting atmosphere that is perfect for Instagram-worthy photos.
- Create photo-worthy corners. It could be a cozy reading nook, a beautifully set dining table, or a well-styled balcony. Add props, cushions, or unique backdrops to enhance these areas.
- Incorporate unique features. This could be an exposed brick wall, a vintage bathtub, a panoramic view, or a charming architectural detail.
- Provide Instagrammable amenities. Consider providing amenities that guests love to photograph and share on social media. For example, a stunning swimming pool, a rooftop terrace, a cozy fireplace, or a picturesque garden.
- Use Instagram-friendly props. Offer visually appealing props such as fluffy pillows, colorful blankets, beautiful tableware, or vibrant indoor plants that can add an extra touch to photos taken by guests.
- Incorporate statement walls or backdrops. Create a feature wall or an interesting backdrop that guests can use as a photo backdrop. This could be a bold wallpaper, a unique patterned tile, or a creative mural.
- Offer unique experiences. Consider providing experiences or activities that are Instagrammable. For instance, cooking classes, art workshops, or guided tours that guests can capture and share with their followers.
- Encourage guest engagement. Create opportunities for guests to engage with your space and share their experiences. Provide fun props, guestbooks, or social media hashtags that encourage them to take photos and share their stay on Instagram.
Instagrammable Airbnb goes beyond just aesthetics. It’s about creating a memorable and shareable experience.
9. How many photos are best for Airbnb listing?
Include around 20 to 30 high-quality photos in your Airbnb listing. Capture the exterior, living areas, bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, outdoor spaces, and special features. Ensure the images accurately represent your property and highlight its unique aspects.
10. How to do photography for Airbnb?
If you’re interested in doing photography for your Airbnb property yourself, here are some steps to help you get started:
- Prepare the space;
- Use natural light;
- Choose the right angles;
- Capture key areas;
- Use a tripod;
- Showcase amenities;
- Edit your photos;
- Consider a virtual tour.
Remember, while DIY photography can be cheap, professional photographers have expertise in capturing the best angles, lighting, and composition. If you lack the necessary skills or equipment, hiring a professional photographer may be worth it.
11. Is it worth getting a photographer for Airbnb?
Yes, getting a photographer for your Airbnb is worth it. Professional photos can attract more guests, increase bookings, and command higher rental rates. They create a positive first impression, differentiate your listing from competitors, and save you time.
12. Can I do a photoshoot at an Airbnb?
Check with the host first. Some hosts allow photoshoots, but others may have restrictions. Contact the host to inquire about their policies and respect their decision. If not allowed, consider alternative locations.
Updated on: . Author: