Best 16 Strategies on How to Get More Bookings on Airbnb in 2023
Most of vacation homeowners are wondering how to get more bookings on Airbnb at the best possible rate. Well, there are several ways. Now, Airbnb has an algorithm that considers more than 100 elements to know your positioning in search engines. But if you want to improve it, follow these tips to get more bookings on Airbnb!
What is the Airbnb platform?
Airbnb is a successful platform in the collaborative economy since you share someone’s room so you can stay instead of going to a hotel. Its mission is to allow you to find spaces to spend the night if you travel without any planning. Hosts can publish their areas so that people from anywhere in the world can book them.
How Airbnb works
Airbnb offers you rental properties in most parts of the world. Today, it has more than 6 million sites located in 190 countries worldwide. Once you choose the place, you can see all the information available, from the size and services to the price and entrance time.
The process of booking on Airbnb
You can see the reviews of other guests, the regulations, availability, and level of security about the property you like.
- If reading everything, the listing is still to your liking, you can request a reservation. The platform will ask you to follow several steps to book accommodation.
- Before completing the reservation process, you must wait for the host to approve it. Only if the property is an instant book can you avoid this step since they are the only ones that Airbnb does not wait for the approval.
- The Airbnb platform recommends sending a message directly to the host for non-instant book properties. The objective is to expedite the reservation request or to double-check the availability of rooms.
As an Airbnb host, you need to remember that the easier and faster the booking process for a guest is, the more likely you and your listings will skyrocket in rankings and attract even more guests!
How to get more bookings on Airbnb
On this platform, many hosts offer their spaces for rent, and you must compete to be the users’ choice. Therefore, to improve your positioning on Airbnb and be on the first list of search results, take into account these three aspects:
- The guest needs. Airbnb has an algorithm that considers the past trips the guest has taken, the places they search, and the listings they click and save on.
- The details of the reservation. The platform considers the number of guests, the travel time, and the anticipation of the reservation, among other aspects.
- Characteristics of the services provided. That is, the 5-star ratings you receive from other previous guests if your space is for immediate reservation. Also, consider rates, venue, and your speed of response to messages guests send you.
Now that you know more about what it relies on to display your listing, how can you make it stand out and get more bookings on Airbnb? Keep reading or book a consultation with our Airbnb property management experts right away!
1. Choose an attractive area for your rental
Search for a property carefully and choose the one that may be most in demand, both for those who travel for leisure and those who do so for business. Make sure that renting a property to tourists is legal in the area. Buying a vacation rental in a popular destination will give you the first push to get a calendar full of reservations.
2. Adjust the price according to seasons
An essential advantage of vacation rentals is adjusting the price daily. Many platforms like Airbnb allow you to set a different price every night, and you can use dynamic pricing tools! This means that you will be able to adjust the price according to the season. Here’s an example of how you do this:
Airbnb price adjustment matrix
|Low||Jan 1 – Mar 31||0.8 (80% of base)|
|Shoulder 1||Apr 1 – May 31||1.0 (base price)|
|High||June 1 – Aug 31||1.2 (120% of base)|
|Shoulder 2||Sept 1 – Oct 31||1.0 (base price)|
|Holidays||Nov 1 – Dec 31||0.8 (80% of base)|
In this example, the pricing adjustments are represented as a multiplier of the base price. You can adjust the multiplier values based on your specific pricing strategy and demand during different seasons. Here’s a breakdown of the table:
- Season: This column indicates the different seasons or periods you want to adjust the prices. You can customize this based on your location and typical tourist seasons.
- Dates: Specify the start and end dates for seasons. Ensure the dates accurately represent the seasons in your area.
- Price adjustment: It represents the adjustment multiplier for each season. “1.0” is a base price, and adjustments are made by multiplying this base price by the multiplier.
3. Make your services stand out
Meeting the specific needs of your guests will make them want to come back and stay longer next time ad leave a positive review. To compete with other successful hosts, your vacation rental should offer better services than they provide. Study your typical guests:
- Are they tourists or business people?
- Are they couples or families with children?
- Do they leave in the morning and return at night?
- Do they spend most of their vacation at the accommodation?
Answering all these questions will help you know what your guests need. If they are at your property on business, they will appreciate a coffee machine and WiFi. If they have children, childproof furniture will be one of their priorities.
4. Get as more as possible positive reviews
If you are wondering how to get more bookings on Airbnb, pay attention to reviews and ratings, especially if you want to get the Superhost seal. The most direct way to get positive feedback is to make sure your property is perfect:
- The furniture is in good condition,
- All the appliances work;
- Towels and sheets are clean;
- All listed amenities are present;
- The necessary copies of local guides;
- Transport brochures public, etc.
Once your guests have left the property, you should contact them to find out if everything went well and politely ask them to leave you a review. You’ll be surprised how many satisfied travelers will be happy to take a few minutes to recommend your accommodation to others!
5. Make pro photos to get more bookings on Airbnb
A picture is worth a thousand words. As cliché as this may sound, it is completely true in the vacation rental industry. At first, users will go directly to the photos. In the long run, it is worth investing in a pro photographer to get the best out of your property.
Update the photographs from time to time or after renovations and changes. Having professional and up-to-date images will give you the magic you need to get the maximum number of reservations. You can also book a real estate photography with us and get those photos that attract people and increase the number of bookings several times!
6. Pay attention to the Airbnb listing description and title
If you were to book a property on Airbnb, you probably wouldn’t book a listing that says “one bedroom with a beach view” and no other detailed descriptions. Be accurate and detailed as a host by writing captions and highlighting your Airbnb amenities. For example, the title and description of this listing are well-written because they feature the following:
- The number of bedrooms;
- Nearby tourist attractions;
- Architectural design;
- Services offered;
- Property capacity;
- Extra charges per person;
- Airbnb house rules;
- Furniture and other equipment.
We can make your titles and descriptions sell! If you have any trouble with them, don’t worry. Call us and book a consultation on the Airbnb listing analysis, after which you will fully understand how to write them and which words to use.
7. Enable the Instant Booking option
We recommend you turn on Airbnb’s Instant Booking feature to attract more guests to your listing. What does it consist of? As the name says, it’s a tool for guests to book your property without sending you a request and waiting for you to approve it.
By automatically accepting a reservation, you may feel like you lose control of who wants to stay. While that’s true, Airbnb also has some restrictions you can apply to limit Instant Book (for example, only users with positive reviews can use it).
8. Do not cancel reservations
If you want to get more bookings on Airbnb and be at the top of Internet search engines, you must aim never to cancel a reservation. If you choose the reservation method, you only have one month, for which you will not be penalized if you cancel one of them.
Every time you cancel, you will receive a penalty (unless you properly explain why you did so). However, the number of bookings you accept and clicks on your listing positively affect your rankings.
9. Make sure you keep guests satisfied
Making arrangements is a great idea to get a positive reaction from guests. If you give a surprise bottle of wine, you can change the client’s expectations of you and your rental property. For this reason, try to do any thank you action and get them to leave an Airbnb recommendation for your space.
10. Set up automatic messages
Airbnb recognizes hosts who respond promptly to guest inquiries and concerns, so listings from those hosts tend to appear in primary searches. Here’s a table outlining different types of automatic messages that an Airbnb host can use:
Airbnb automated message types
|Reservation confirmed||Welcome the guest, provide contact details, and thank them.|
|Upcoming trip||Remind the guest of their upcoming stay and provide any necessary instructions or details.|
|Check-in Instructions||Provide detailed instructions on check-in, including directions, access codes, and key pickup information.|
|Check-out instructions||Outline check-out procedures, including where to leave keys, expectations for tidying up, and any specific instructions for the departure.|
|Review request||Politely request the guest to leave a review after their stay.|
|Feedback request||Ask for feedback on the guest’s experience and suggestions for improvement.|
|Special occasion greetings||Send personalized messages for birthdays, anniversaries, or other special occasions.|
|Extended stay offer||Reach out to guests staying for an extended period and offer a discounted rate or other incentives.|
|Maintenance notification||Inform guests about any scheduled maintenance or repairs that might affect their stay.|
|Local recommendations||Share recommendations for nearby attractions, restaurants, or events.|
These are just some examples of automatic messages you can set up on Airbnb. You can customize the content and timing of these messages to meet your specific hosting needs and provide an excellent guest experience.
11. Promote your listing on Facebook and Google Ads
Most Airbnb hosts also promote their vacation rental properties on social media. This highlights your credibility as a host and even increases your bookings through paid advertisements. If you don’t want to spend much on ads right now, you can adjust the daily promotion schedule according to your budget.
12. Hire a vacation rental manager
If you have multiple vacation rentals under your control, it can be difficult to keep up with all the emails, messages, requests, and properties. And the same happens if your property is far from your residence.
To take care of your business and secure reservations, you may hire someone to help you: a property manager. Our professionals will help you with Airbnb property management to ensure you always have guests.
13. Complete your personal profile on Airbnb
Your host profile must be fully completed on the platform because describing you as well as possible can make clients choose you. If you earn the trust of potential customers, you have a greater chance that they will recommend you. Also, verifying your personal data is important for positioning.
14. Be a very active host on Airbnb
The faster you respond, the more likely you are to get more bookings on Airbnb. Many travelers contact one or two properties at a time to ask the hosts specific questions. This is your chance to show that you take your business seriously and are always ready to answer.
Be sure to answer their questions within two hours and be available in case of an emergency during their stay. The frequency you respond to guests can also affect your position in the results. As a good host, dedicate the time your guests deserve to answer their and other questions.
15. Become a Superhost to get more bookings on Airbnb
To become a successful vacation rental business, you can’t just be a good host asking how to get more bookings on Airbnb; you must be a Superhost. The Airbnb platform has specific requirements to determine whether you qualify as a Superhost. These include:
- Complete at least 10 trips or 3 reservations with a total of 100 nights;
- Maintain a 50% opinion rate;
- Get 90% level of responses;
- Not having had cancellations not derived from extenuating circumstances;
- Maintain an average rating of 4.8.
The seal also appears in search results, emails, and others. It transmits an image of security and professionalism to the guest. According to Airbnb, it will give you the push you need to fill your calendars and earn a 22% profit. More crucial advice you can read in our article about Airbnb Superhost.
16. Don’t lose contact with past guests
Once you have the contact information of your past guests, it’s a good idea to say hello occasionally. Such a cute congratulation during the festive season or a newsletter will suffice. The point is to show them that you still remember them and make them remember you too. That way, the next time they plan a trip they might think about how great it was at your property.
These are the 16 tips on how to get more bookings on Airbnb and to make your guests’ experience unforgettable. Being a good host does not mean a single and great effort but continuous work. Keep your property in good condition and treat your guests as they deserve, and you will succeed!
Frequently asked questions about how to get
more bookings on Airnb
1. Why am I not getting as many bookings on Airbnb?
Possible reasons for not getting many bookings on Airbnb could be high pricing, poor listing quality, negative reviews, inaccurate availability, strong competition, inaccurate listing information, slow response to guest inquiries, and not having Superhost status. Consider adjusting these aspects to improve your booking rates.
2. How do I attract guests to my Airbnb?
To attract guests to your Airbnb listing, you can implement the following strategies:
- Create an appealing and accurate listing description.
- Use high-quality photos to showcase the space.
- Research similar listings and set competitive pricing.
- Encourage guests to leave reviews after their stay.
- Respond to guests promptly and professionally.
- Consider offering unique amenities or experiences.
- Highlight the benefits and experiences.
- Ensure your property is clean and well-maintained.
- Tailor your efforts to attract your target audience.
- Utilize online platforms to promote your listing.
- Build partnerships with local businesses.
- Offer special deals or packages.
We strongly recommend you update and revise your listing, keep an eye on guest reviews, and level up your hospitality.
3. Why is it so hard to get an Airbnb?
It could be challenging to discover an Airbnb because of host preferences, competition, high demand, and low supply. Making reservations in advance, being flexible, considering other options, and proactively approaching hosts are all recommended ways to increase your chances of receiving a reservation.
4. Do Superhosts get more bookings?
Greater visibility, guest assurance, and trust may be advantageous to superhosts on Airbnb and lead to an increase in bookings. However, it is not a given because other factors like listing value, cost, and market demand also have a big impact on how many bookings are attracted.
5. How do I rank higher on Airbnb?
Ranking higher on Airbnb’s search results can significantly improve your listing’s visibility and increase your chances of attracting more bookings. Here are some strategies:
- Craft a compelling and detailed listing description using relevant keywords.
- Encourage guests to leave positive reviews after their stay.
- Aim to respond to guest inquiries and booking requests promptly.
- Try to accept booking requests whenever possible.
- Research and analyze similar listings in your area.
- Adjust your rates based on market demand & seasonality.
- Provide amenities that appeal to guests.
- Keep your calendar up to date to reflect accurate availability.
- Strive to meet the criteria to become a Superhost.
- Encourage guests to enjoy their stay.
- Take advantage of instant booking.
Ranking on Airbnb is a combination of factors, and it may take time to see improvements. Continuously monitor your listing’s performance, gather guest feedback, and make adjustments to enhance your ranking over time.
6. How do I get more weekday bookings on Airbnb?
To attract more weekday bookings on Airbnb, you can consider implementing the following strategies:
- Adjust pricing to be more attractive for weekdays.
- Highlight weekday benefits in your listing description.
- Offer flexible check-in/check-out times.
- Target business travelers through Airbnb’s features.
- Promote local weekday events or conferences.
- Adjust minimum stay requirements for weekdays.
- Optimize your listing for visibility and appeal.
- Use social media to target potential guests.
Track the performance of your weekday bookings and make adjustments based on guest feedback and market demand. By implementing these strategies, you can increase the likelihood of attracting more weekday bookings on Airbnb.
7. What is a good Airbnb occupancy rate?
A good Airbnb occupancy rate is generally considered to be around 70-75% or higher, but it can vary depending on factors like location, property type, and local market conditions.
8. How many bookings a day on Airbnb?
The number of bookings per day on Airbnb can vary greatly depending on location, time of year, and property popularity. There is no fixed or average number of bookings per day as it can vary widely.
9. What is the biggest problem with Airbnb?
The biggest problems with Airbnb can be summarized as:
- Airbnb’s impact on the availability and affordability of long-term rental housing.
- Establishing and enforcing regulations to ensure tax compliance, safety standards, and zoning requirements.
- Concerns regarding noise, disturbances, and changes in the character of residential neighborhoods.
- Instances of property damage, theft, or safety incidents, impact the trust and safety of both guests and hosts.
- Inconsistency in the quality and standards of Airbnb listings leads to potential guest dissatisfaction.
These problems highlight some key areas where Airbnb faces scrutiny and ongoing efforts are being made to address these issues.
10. How often are most Airbnbs booked?
The frequency at which Airbnbs are booked can vary significantly depending on factors such as location, property type, popularity, and seasonality. Some properties may experience a high volume of bookings throughout the year, while others may have more sporadic or seasonal demand.
11. What months are slow for Airbnb?
The slower months for Airbnb bookings can vary by location, but typically, some common slower periods include:
- Off-peak winter months. January and February, outside of holidays and popular winter destinations.
- Post-summer slowdown. September, after the peak summer travel season.
- November (excluding Thanksgiving). Often a quieter month before the start of the holiday season.
- Non-holiday December. The weeks leading up to Christmas and New Year’s Eve can be slower.
These are general trends; local factors, events, and market conditions can influence booking activity. Conducting research specific to your area will provide more accurate insights into the slower months for Airbnb bookings.
Updated on: . Author: